Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sometimes I wonder.

We are all capable of great things, to choose what is good and noble. But somehow I see a different face of our race, I see a capacity for insatiable greed and selfishness. Is this the path we're supposed to take? There is a saying (i forgot where i heard it from), that we evolve at the very precipice of doom, we choose to change only when the absolute need arises. But what if the time comes when it's too late to change? No one is to blame but ourselves. We are all accountable. Now I don't mean to sound pessimistic and gloomy. It just really saddens me how some people are willing to trade their morality and better judgment for their own selfish and shallow ends. When will we ever learn that there are greater things in life than amassing material wealth and instant gratification? The billboards and TV commercials everywhere says that change starts now. I surely hope so. As of now, I'd just do my part , no matter how small, to better the world I live in.

2 comments:

  1. Service says:

    There's a generation of hope, a movement. We don't have to follow what to outside influences say. We do what we think is right (and for the glory of God).

    So yeah. While there are good people in the world, they will be capable of good things.

    Dami kong alam LOL

    ReplyDelete